Columbian Elementary School
All students, at full implementation, will be able to exercise their agency in their learning.
- Learners in piloting classrooms will build the skills to know where they are in their learning by setting literacy goals
- Learners in piloting classrooms will know how to access information independently utilzing personalized methods. (technology, books interviews etc.)
- Learners in pilot classes will have multiple ways to express their learning
All students, at full implementation, are engaged in their learning
- Learners, in pilot classes are engaged in creating their learning environment, teachers adapt their instuction, and students know how to advocate for themselves to use the space to meet their needs.
- Learners, in pilot classes are engaged in their learning
HISTORY & CULTURE
Columbian Elementary School opened in 1892 and is located at 2925 West 40th Avenue, in Denver on the corner of 40th and Federal Boulevard. Our one story structure was erected in 1985. The community garden is frequently maintained by students and family volunteers. The colorful multi-ethnic mural and banners created by our students are easily visible from Federal Blvd. and demonstrate the diversity within our halls.